4-week program with online teaching and personal guidance.
Deadline for application: February 15. 2015
To apply and other inquiries, please click here.
Are you in an empathic profession – teacher, social worker, nurse, physician, psychologist, or working in another helper profession?
Do you experience a lot of stress at work?
Do you often feel overwhelmed by work ?
Do you feel that you carry the stress with you even when the work is over ?
Do you want to experience more clarity and presence at work?
Do you find it difficult to get started or maintain a mindfulness practice?
We offer a six-week program to meet these challenges in an inspiring way.
How the Program Works:
- A Training Audio Delivered Once Per Week (Download Available)
- 2 Private (One-to-One) Sessions with the Teacher (50 Minutes Each)
- Unlimited Email Support During The Four Weeks
The practice of mindfulness creates neurological transformation as well as increased well-being in a number of areas.
1. Brain «Upgrades».
Recent science has shown the following results with mindfulness practitioners:
- The brain’s “fight or flight” center, the amygdala, shrinks. This primal region of the brain, associated with fear and emotion, is involved in the initiation of the body’s response to stress.
- As the amygdala shrinks, the pre-frontal cortex – associated with higher order brain functions such as awareness, concentration and decision-making – becomes thicker.
- There is a reduction in biomarkers of stress and inflammation: C-reactive proteins, interleukin 6 and cortisol – all of which are associated with disease.
Taren, Adrienne A, J David Creswell, and Peter J Gianaros. «Dispositional mindfulness co-varies with smaller amygdala and caudate volumes in community adults.» PloS one 8.5 (2013): e64574.
Rosenkranz, Melissa A et al. «A comparison of mindfulness-based stress reduction and an active control in modulation of neurogenic inflammation.» Brain, behavior, and immunity 27 (2013): 174-184.
2. Increased General Well-being.
Practitioners report that they have:
- an increased experience of joy and fulfillment
- a decreased experience of pain and suffering
- a deeper insight into their own self
- a stronger ability to change or fortify their own behaviours
- an increased sense of compassion for others and all life
- a clearer connection to their intuition
3. Profound Benefits at Work.
When mindfulness has been integrated into one’s life, the following often occurs at one’s workplace:
- an increased resilience to stress
- less overwhelm
- a stronger ability to make good decisions
- better relationships with colleagues and clients
- more job satisfaction
How we create these transformartions in the program:
Four Weeks Training Program in the Basic Mindfulness System for Empathic Vocations:
Week 1: Clearly understanding and practicing mindfulness; Focus on Rest
Week 2: Focus In: Working with thoughts and feelings
Week 3: Meeting others with presence: Person-oriented approach.
Week 4: Tying it all together; Focus Out and Focus On Everything.
Each week consists of:
- Clear and instantly usable mindfulness teaching.
- 50 minutes of practical online classes with mindfulness practice.
- (pre-recorded so you can watch or listen to it whenever you like)
- Texts with clear definitions and descriptions of the exercises.
- Specific exercises each week.
- Access to a private internet forum for all participants.
- Closed forum where all the participants can share their challenges, solutions and resources.
- Option to have a support partner to share your progress and challenges with.
- Unlimited email support.
Each every other week consists of:
- Individually tailored one-to-one direct coaching.
- 50 minute calls where the teacher – Tord Helsingeng – will provide personal assistance to your mindfulness practice, working with both challenges and opportunities.
- The call can be via Skype/Zoom or telephone, whichever you prefer.
- If you wish, we can record the call for later.
- A group Q&A call via Skype/Zoom.
- Possibility to ask questions live in a group setting.
- Recorded, so you can watch or listen when you like.
Total value : only 613 EUR/ 499 GBP / 840 USD
Program price : 368 EUR / 299 GBP / 504 USD
If you are in a challenged position financially, you can pay in three instalments of 142 EUR / 113 GBP / 193 USD each month.
If you are in a very challenged situation financially, you can apply for a scholarship.
Two week trial.
After you have registered, you have two weeks to explore and experience the program.
During this time we will both see if it is a good fit for you.
When the two weeks are over, we will make an assessment together. If it not a fit, you do not have to pay anything .
Feedback from previous participants:
Mari Seilskjær, advisor at the Norwegian Organisation for Asylum Seekers (NOAS)
Per Morten Kjøl, hospital nurse
«Tord was very professional, knowledgeable and present teacher, and had good rapport with the students. He had a thoughtful and well-designed workshop, based on research and practice. He was sociable, inclusive and easy to work with. I give Tord my best recommendations.»
Gunn Engelsrud, professor at the Norwegian School of Sport Sciences
«Tord completed both the course for the employees and the regular training of pupils in a very inspiring and at the same time unobtrusive way. Where students initially showed resistance, they were eventually susceptible to immerse themselves in the exercises. Several of the staff also expressed that the exercises increased the quality of the work meetings we had in relation to the courses. We give our warmest recommendations of Tord communication skills and insightful mindfulness training.»
Sunniva Sandanger, general manager at Nyskolen in Oslo
About the teacher.
Tord Helsingeng is a pain therapist and mindfulness teacher. He is a certified acupuncturist and shiatsu therapist with extensive post-graduate training in western medical pain science (eg. Dermo Neuro Modulation) and counseling (Inner Relationship Focusing). He has practiced mindfulness since 1995 and attended more than twenty meditation retreats. Tord has been teaching mindfulness since 2011, with chronic pain patients, in schools, with private students and at mindfulness retreats. He is a member of the Basic Mindfulness Facilitator Training Network and The Norwegian Mindfulness Association (NFON).
Do you have questions?
Would you like to be notified about the program opening?
Please send us a message.